Friday, 5 October 2012

Fort Rotterdam Makassar

Fort Rotterdam
Fort Rotterdam Makassar
Fort Rotterdam, Makassar, South Sulawesi

Tourist Attractions and Beaches in Indonesia
Fort Rotterdam was originally built in 1545 by the Kings of Gowa X with the name of the fortress End Viewpoints. Inside are home staging Gowa where the King and his family lived. At the time the Netherlands ruled are Banda and Molucca Islands, they decided to conquer the Kingdom of Gowa in order that the trade of the VOC fleet can be entered and docked with ease in Sulawesi.  
In an attempt to conquer the Netherlands troops the Gowa, hiring of Maluku. For more than a year of Fort

battered, the Netherlands finally managed to enter and destroy the House of the King and the whole fortress. The Netherlands forced the sultan Hasanuddin to sign the Treaty of Bongaya Treaty in 1667, where one of the articles in the Treaty obliges the Kingdom of Gowa surrendered the fortress to the Netherlands.

Fort Rotterdam Makassar
After the Fort was handed over to the Netherlands, a castle was built and again laid out according to the architecture of the Netherlands later the name was changed to Ford. The Fort was later used as an administrative center and shelter the spices in the region of Eastern Indonesia. During the occupation of Japan, the Fort was used as a Center for agricultural studies and languages. Then the TNI was used as a command center. And now this Fortress became the Centre of culture and art.

Inside the fortress, there is some space prisoners/prison slaah which is used to hold the Prince Diponegoro. In addition, there is also a Museum of relics in the Church of the Netherlands and the La Galigo saves approximately 4999 collection. The collection includes prehistoric collection, numismatic, ceramics, historical, ethnographic, and script. 

Ethnographic collection consists of a wide variety of technological, artistic, utensils and other objects that are created and used by the Bugis, Makassar, Mandar, Toraja da. Currently, in addition to the historic sights, the Fort was also used as a cultural centre of South Sulawesi.